Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default The shape of things to come ... ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
So the week got off to a great start. I've got a Dual CS505-3 phono deck
on the bench. It all works hunky-dory, except it's a bit slow. This is
because the pitch belt has snapped. So I'm pulling a new one into place,
and the pliers catch the flat leaf spring that couples the speed select
knob to the belt shifting lever. It only holds in there because it's bent
and under tension. And of course, it detaches and flies ...

I have combed every square inch of the floor under light strong enough to
burn your eyes out, but nope, it's gone ...

So now, I've got a deck that is 33 or 45 rpm only, depending on where you
leave the belt shift lever set. I've sent an email to the company
responsible for Dual products in Germany, pleading for them to help me out
with a replacement, but I'm not holding my breath. About the only other
alternative is to try and fabricate one. I've spotted an old octal based
relay where the moving contact fingers look big enough, but the length is
absolutely critical to get the right spring 'snap' action of course, and I
don't think it is going to be easy to achieve that ...

Don'cha just HATE it when **** like this happens :-\

Arfa

I've always found Dual models annoying. Prefer Japanese models for the most
part.

mz