Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Absolutely MARVELOUS photos of shaper restoration!!

On Mon, 13 May 2013 20:25:35 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

Where have you ever seen a shaper with a 30 foot travel?

I figure the OP just got confused over which part was travelling.

I haven't. I've seen them with travels in excess of 12 feet, and they
were, in fact, moving-tool shapers, not planers.

On the second part -- "you figure", but instead of asking for
clarification, you just refute the OP's statement.

Why? That's either calling him stupid or a liar. Why not ask?

LLoyd

Because once he said "30 foot travel," I knew it wasn't a shaper. And
having watched big planers at work, machining lathe beds, it wouldn't
be hard to get confused over which part was travelling.

They don't make shapers with 30 feet of travel, Lloyd. They never did.
And what would the "bridge-like affair" be, if it was a shaper?

--
Ed Huntress