Morris Dovey

Default Why I Hate Garage Doors In A Shop

Mark Wells wrote:

I agree. I had to mount the lights in my shop above the door
because of clearance issues. That means that whenever the
door is open, it blocks the lights so the last 25% of the shop
is dark.

I have considered replacing the garage door with large
swinging doors. Has anybody done that?

An alternative (I don't have swinging doors - but have heard that
they can be a real PIA) is to split the door the other way and
hinge it at top and center.

I'll post a picture of my shop door on ABPW. I think it's a
scalable (simple) solution to the problem...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA