Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default removing stain from your hands

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Robin Ellzey wrote:
I heard this tip on American Restorations this past week.
Basically
they said that if you get wood stain on your hands, put some olive
oil
on them and it will help remove the stain. something in the olive
oil
is a natural solvent of r wood stains. I just thought I would pass
it
on.

"Leon" wrote:

Fast Orange hand cleaner with the grit works very well too. For
stubborn stains use a little paint thinner before the Fast Orange
hand cleaner. Leaves you hands smelling like oranges.

GO-JO, don't leave home without it.

Been using it for years.

Still manufactured in Akron, OH.

BTW, doesn't contain grit.

Lew

I tried most all through the years, Goop, Go-Jo , etc. originally used
Goop in early 70s.

http://goophandcleaner.com/

Finally switched to Fast Orange 20+ years ago.

http://www.permatex.com/products/pro.../hand-cleaners

BTW Go-Jo is available with the grit/ pumice if you desire that. Having
been in the auto business, any hand cleaner with out grit/pumice, worked
marginally.

http://www.gojo.com/united-states/ma...FCED2D3FDAC%7D