Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default removing stain from your hands

On 5/10/2013 4:14 PM, Robin Ellzey wrote:
I heard this tip on American Restorations this past week. Basically
they said that if you get wood stain on your hands, put some olive oil
on them and it will help remove the stain. something in the olive oil
is a natural solvent of r wood stains. I just thought I would pass it
on.

Robin

When I was twelve or so three of us boys were hired to wash and paint
the stairwell and hallways of a tenement apartment building. We did
every bit as efficient a job as you might expect, and some clowning
around crept into the process as well. One of my friends threw a paint
brush at me , leaving a significant amount of white oil-based paint in
my hair.

My Mom was none too pleased at that, and spent an hour or so combing it
out after applying enough olive oil so soak my hair completely.

I smelled like a salad, but it worked (slowly).