Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Reinforce Roof Against Falling Trees?

On 5/7/2013 4:08 PM, wrote:
On May 7, 3:15 pm, Frank

If you ever hire a tree cutter, don't pay until they are done. Awful
lot of fly-by-nights in that business around here.- Hide quoted text -

And make sure you understand what the scope of the work
is, eg is stump grinding included? A lot of people assume
when they hire someone to cut down and remove a tree,
it includes grinding the stump. Usually, that's extra...

Stump grinding caused a one week break in the last job I had done but he
wanted paid for the bulk of the work right afterwards. I knew he was
not a fly-by-night so I broke my rule.

Job before, I left in stumps as they were not visible from the street.
Termites started making great work of them, so I had the house treated
and warranted