Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Pretend you know an idiot...

On May 1, 12:59*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:

Strip, scrape, whatever to get to wood. *No need to do so everywhere,
just where the pencil marks are.

OK. So I used a card scraper. Although I'm still convinced I haven't
succeeded in preparing the edge properly, it made short work of
removing the poly and pencil marks. Thanks to the several people who
suggested it.

I only scraped the three areas where the pencil marks were. To recap,
it's the edge of a face frame, 3/4 wide. I've now got 3 areas each 3"
long or so with no finish out of 5 feet. If I reapply the same finish
( 4 coats of wiping poly) in those areas, it really won't look uneven?
Should I just coat the whole edge instead? Or at least on the last
coat?