Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default Any experience of QPL Qual-Fit push-fits from Toolstation?

PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2013 10:42:07 -0700 (PDT), mike wrote:

(As an aside, they also say that plastic pipe should only be cut with
"purpose designed pipe cutters. Do not use a hacksaw" which is
completely contrary to the advice from uk.d-i-y's resident hacksaw-and-
weep expert! Whither he?)

When I replumbed the house I didn't have the cutters and didn't want to use
a hacksaw (or an angle grinder!).

When doing some pushfit plumbing out in the bush (well, farmyard) I once
used a hacksaw as I didn't have the cutters with me. No problem, didn't
leak although the caveat that it was outside so didn't matter and, IIRC,
on a tank so not exactly 10bar.

Mind you, I presume the reasoning is that any burrs or imperfections on
the pipe could nick the O-ring and leave a weep channel.

Scott