Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default Any experience of QPL Qual-Fit push-fits from Toolstation?

Has anyone used QPL (aka Qual-Plumb aka Qual-Fit aka PipeLife) pushfit
plumbing fittings, as sold by Toolstation?

15mm elbow, for example: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p46696

I thought they would be OK for temporary use during bathroom
renovation as fittings get moved around and pipework moved, and that I
would leave them in place if they were OK.

Having got a pack home, I see they need a demounting tool (which
Toolstation don't sell). Their various websites are pretty
uninformative - a product list and comprehensive installation
instructions would seem like good candidates to put on-line but I
haven't managed to locate them. And I get the impression that when
you reuse them, you're supposed to change the grab rings and O-rings
(packs of 50 from Toolstation, which is fine if you're using them all
the time but a waste if you want half a dozen).

(As an aside, they also say that plastic pipe should only be cut with
"purpose designed pipe cutters. Do not use a hacksaw" which is
completely contrary to the advice from uk.d-i-y's resident hacksaw-and-
weep expert! Whither he?)

So having sworn off the notoriously crap FloPlast after having to rip
out the newly installed kitchen floor because the buggers apparently
don't react well with copper, I'm wondering if I should just take
these back and get JG Speedfit?