Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Statins (OT)

On 04/05/2013 13:09, RayL12 wrote:
On 04/05/2013 7:57 AM, John Williamson wrote:

I am not a medical expert, but I've read that only about 10% of the
cholesterol in your blood is directly due to your diet, the rest is
internally generated. I could be wrong, of course.

Some is certainly generated, but how much varies with the individual.

I too have read such. One such 'theory' is for the body to re-balance
excess salt content by wrapping it in cholesterol.

That is pure bovine excrement. If excess salt gets wrapped in anything
it is additional water retention leading to raised blood pressure.
(also a potentially life shortening condition)

I suggest you discount anything you have read on that website.
The net is full of kooks and nutters expounding crazy "THEORIES".

If you are lucky all in capitals is a good marker for a crazy KOOK.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown