Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Statins (OT)

On 04/05/2013 12:58, RayL12 wrote:
On 03/05/2013 9:41 PM, Tim Lamb wrote:
There was a lot of interest last time this was aired but I was left with
a few unanswered questions...

How significant is the fat in processed Pork slices as I find it a very
convenient source of sandwich filling?

How linear is the response to dose levels? A recent test found 4.2 total
(2.4 LDL) for a dose of 20mg. Pre-statins, I had levels of 6.8 and 7.2
total. I would like to drop the dose to 10mg.

I asked how long it takes for the body to return to normal after
stopping medication and was told 2 weeks. I was also told to resume
treatment to double check any noted changes.

You can spend 6 - 7 years of your life learning nutrition and it will
all boil down to a simple formula; eat fresh veg' and fruit.

Processed 'anything' is junk.

Too much fruit can be a problem - all that fructose (and, indeed,
sucrose in some fruit).

Lots of vegetables can be problematical for some people - e.g those
which have goitrogenic effects.

--
Rod