Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Statins (OT)

On 04/05/13 11:44, Jim Hawkins wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:
There was a lot of interest last time this was aired but I was left
with a few unanswered questions...

How significant is the fat in processed Pork slices as I find it a
very convenient source of sandwich filling?

How linear is the response to dose levels? A recent test found 4.2
total (2.4 LDL) for a dose of 20mg. Pre-statins, I had levels of 6.8
and 7.2 total. I would like to drop the dose to 10mg.

I asked how long it takes for the body to return to normal after
stopping medication and was told 2 weeks. I was also told to resume
treatment to double check any noted changes.

Anyone taking statins should read "The Great Cholesterol Con" by
GP Dr Malcolm Kendrick.
I did - and promptly stopped taking them - some weeks ago.
Since then I have not felt better for a very long time (since before
I was advised to take them in fact).

Jim Hawkins

+1

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.