Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Crimp without crimp tool ?

In article ,
Rick Hughes wrote:
I could do without the flexibility ....
But to solder these lugs onto 16mm2 copper cable will take a lot of heat
... and that means the PVC insulation will be damaged a significant
length away form fitting.

No more so than soldering any PVC covered cable. You just need to take
some care.

My worry was while I can happily solder a piece of 0.25mm2 PVC flex with
ease using soldering iron .... this 16mm2 plus copper lug is going to
act as a big heatsink and take a lot of heat from blow torch .... I know
this is not much different to soldering 28mm Cu pipes .... but they
don;t have PVC sheath :-)

Maybe I'll just have to try it.