Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crimp without crimp tool ?

In article ,
Rick Hughes writes:
I need to crimp 2 16mm x 8 uninsulated lugs onto some 16mm stranded
cable.
These - http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BHLUG16.html

I don't possess a crimp tool for uninsulated lugs, very rare need (for
me) - simply not worth £21 cost for 2 crimps.
Typical I have insulated lug crimps, RJ45,RJ11,BT631A, RG58/59, CT100,
etc. ... but not this type.
I don't want to solder on as it will reduce flexibility at joint, and
could result in failure in future.

Any body any suggestion of neat way of doing this without the tool ?

Pliers ?
Molegrips ?
Vice jaws ?
make up something to use in vice jaws ?

You can buy earth straps already made up with crimped lugs...

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...Results=tru e

--
Andrew Gabriel