Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
MM writes:

Update: Just received my electric tyre pump (Ring Automotive RAC610
12V Analogue Compressor) from Amazon! It works brilliantly. Highly
recommended. I plugged it into the "lighter"socket and used it with
the engine running. So much easier than the foot pump.

Next point - don't rely on the accuracy of any integral pressure
guage until you've cross-checked it with something you believe to
be accurate. I quickly wrote off a set of tyres by overinflating
them, due to the guage underreading.

Quickly? You must have hideously overinflated them! Did you not notice the
car feeling any different?

Tim