Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Craftsman "Lifetime Guarantee" ?

On Wed, 01 May 2013 09:49:45 -0400, MG
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 10:26:43 -0400, Bob wrote:

Thought I'd ask here first.

Have a Sears Craftsman Sabre Saw.

Must be at least 45 years old. No longer works (well).
Bought it when I was about 30 yrs of age. Sure does seem like eons ago !

Do they still have or honor that "Lifetime Guarantee" they had, if I
remember right, many years ago for their power tools like this ?

Do they still have a guarantee like this ?

If so, and I bring it back, what happens?
Of course, there is no longer a sales receipt available.

They just give me a new one that looks a bit like the old, or require a
45 yr old sales receipt still, or... ?

Thanks,
Bob

If it lasted 45 years, I would get it repaired and cleaned. Some new
brushes, bearings and lube, then it will still be running when it gets
handed down to a grand kid.

I haven't looked at any of the current Craftsman sabre saws, but I
would be very, very surprised if the quality is anywhere as good as a
45 year old model.

Likely not even in the same universe, muchless planet.