Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_9_] Danny D.[_9_] is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessantleak?

On Wed, 01 May 2013 08:46:20 -0700 Oren wrote:

So the conduit elbow had no locknut inside?
http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/12817431/img/12817431.jpg

Nope. It's threaded on in such a way as to make the job
of removing it downright despicable.

I apologize that I caused confusion by not posting pictures
taken earlier which showed the inside of the motor housing
better. I just didn't know enough to clarify earlier.

Here's a sequence of closeup pictures I had taken a few
days ago when I had removed the 1/2" to 1" 90 degree elbow:

1. With the endcap removed, you might be able to see that
there is no nut on the inside of the motor:

2. This closeup might show the inside a bit better:

3. Even worse, in this picture, you can see that it's
nearly impossible to get the three crimped-connector
very stiff stranded wires out that teeeny tiny hole!

4. The result is that I have to remove the motor to get any
room at all to spin the 90 degree elbow off:

I curse the guys who put it together in the first place.
The good news is that the straight through connector "should"
eliminate the need to spin the motor; and the junction box
"should" allow me to remove the motor even when the endcaps
bolts rust through.

BTW, what do you suggest I put on the endcap steel bolts
so that they DON'T RUST solid?