Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_9_] Danny D.[_9_] is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessantleak?

On Wed, 01 May 2013 09:43:56 -0700 Oren wrote:

Had he removed the wire from the control box and pull the wire out of
the conduit, the elbow *should* spin off.

I'll say it bluntly that fear of the unknown is my reason.

I'm afraid of touching anything in the $$$ control box.
Someday I'll have to tackle it though, because I can't find
the darn heater fireman switch - but that's for a later day ...

By the way, the motor cleaned up instantly with the muriatic
acid. I was shocked how the deposits just frizzled away.
(muuuuch quicker than with the toilet bowl deposits!)

Here's the motor being doused with the acid (outside!).

Notice the instantaneous action on the concrete:

Dousing with the hose washed almost all the deposits off: