Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

On Wed, 1 May 2013 16:10:26 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Wed, 01 May 2013 07:47:43 -0700 wrote:

he seems to be having problems removing
the 90 conduit elbow from the motor. From what he's describing,
ie having to rotate the motor to remove it, I'm wondering if instead
of being fastened with a locknut, the motor case has threads in
it and it's actually screwed into the motor case?

I don't have the experience to have known to describe the difference,
in advance anyway - but what you say is exactly what's happening!

The subject of the control box did come up before; about extending the
motors.

Had you disconnected wires at that box and the motors, the wire would
pull freely out of the conduit. (snip wire connectors off at the motor
side). Then turn the elbow out.

Gimme a sec to snap a photo to show what I mean, on the last
three motors that were hooked to these very same wires:

The existing 90 degree 1/2" to 1" elbow is fantastically difficult
to remove, such that the wires get all twisted and the insulation
cracked so badly that I had to put wire goop on them where they
go into the conduit (see circled area in this picture):

So, I plan on slicing the 1" conduit a couple inches back, and
removing all the cracked wire and then putting the junction box
down at that point.

You'll also notice I bought straight-through conduit connectors
as I'm done with 90 degree elbows!

Is there a better way?

Doing a new set of wires, of proper length inside new or longer
conduit would have worked easier, imo.

My motor was moved back a distance awhile back. It got new wire and
conduit to reach. And an extended bonding wire.