Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Pretend you know an idiot...

Greg Guarino wrote:

I've got a card scraper; one, to be exact. I bought a honing rod from
Hock too. But I do not believe I have yet produced a really usable
edge.

So use a chisel. Or a knife. A sharp, curved blade lets you scrape in a
constrained area.

I've watched some videos and taken brief stabs at it, but
there's still something missing. That something is quite likely
"practice", but it still leaves me a little wary of using this method
on something I put so much work into.

If you doubt your ability to scrape, varnish something and practice.

--

dadiOH