Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Pretend you know an idiot...

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message ...

something missing. That something is quite likely "practice", but it still
leaves me a little wary of using this method on something I put so much
work into.

Funny... that is exactly why I would use one!

It might be worth a bit of practice on another surface first though to get a
feel for it. This after prepping the scraper... Two major issues I've seen
with prepping scrapers. First is the need to file away all the work hardened
steel before honing and burnishing. Failing to do so makes it difficult to
pull a good burr. Second is trying to turn too large of a burr. The rest is
technique in using the scraper which comes with some experimentation.

John