Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Pretend you know an idiot...

On 4/30/2013 1:31 PM, Edward A. Falk wrote:
In article ,
John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

... and this purely hypothetical idiot asks you for advice with the
following problem:

I'd use a card scraper if I ever made a mistake like that...

I was going to suggest laser ablation, but a card scraper would
have been my second choice. Plus, I don't have a laser.

I've got a card scraper; one, to be exact. I bought a honing rod from
Hock too. But I do not believe I have yet produced a really usable edge.
I've watched some videos and taken brief stabs at it, but there's still
something missing. That something is quite likely "practice", but it
still leaves me a little wary of using this method on something I put so
much work into.