Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

On 4/30/2013 8:00 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:49:18 -0700 sms wrote:

Did you call Ewing? It's not in their catalog but they might have it.
http://www.ewing1.com/general/ews_locationmap.html?branch=166

Funny you should mention Ewing!

RV Cloud Plumbing Supply, apparently just around the corner from
Ewing, had recommended them yesterday; but I couldn't find their
location while driving based on RV Cloud's directions.

I think you can actually see Ewing from the back of RV Cloud but getting
there is confusing.

I ended up asking someone on the street, who directed me to Lane
Irrigation instead, apparently only a few hundred yards from
Ewing, where I ended up buying the coupling and bushing.

After reading your message just now, I called Ewing up this morning;
I talked to Paul who says that they have the exact 2.5 inch to 2 inch
coupling that I want, and, it's less than 3 bucks to boot!

Sheeesh!

What's the downside of the coupling plus bushing?