Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:22:24 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:38:14 -0700 Oren wrote:

Looks like Teflon was used.
The blue glue seems to be an attempt to
patch the leak.

You're totally right because I was the one who tried
the blue stuff a year or two ago to stop the leak.

Valdalia onions are in season, Huckleberries?

Needless to say, it didn't work.

Well yes.

Interestingly, the blue PVC glue didn't really stick
at all to the (probably ABS) black pump plastic. It
flaked off easily - and you can see it didn't penetrate
to the fitting threads in this closeup photo which
was taken before I flaked cleaned it off the fitting.

It won't STICK to all those mineral deposits, either

I called Sky Blue Pool Supply, who suggested "Plumbers
Silicone" at $7/tube as the pipe dope for the fitting.

....silicone sealer

Pliable, non-hardening or semi-hardening. Think vibration.

See my other link for Tru-Blu