Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a pool pump fitting adapter to stop this incessant leak?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:34:37 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:53:37 -0700 wrote:

Q1: Do we use pipe dope on the pump threads? (What kind?)

I'd use teflon tape on the threads. That's what I always use,
but I think pipe dope is OK too.

I have teflon tape, and these two pipe "dopes":

- The tube says "slow setting"
- The can says "slow dry" & "soft set"

Other than the teflon tape, is there such a thing as
"non setting" pipe dope?

I looked for the silicon sealer I mentioned above.

I found this:

http://www.dultmeier.com/products/0.630.2128/9338

"Tru-Blu Pipe Thread Sealant is a fast-dry, flexible set thread
sealant designed for high vibration environments such as refrigeration
and industrial applications. Teflon has been added to enhance thread
lubrication during assembly and break out.

Recommended for use on threaded galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper,
aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, fiberglass reinforced, PVC
and CPVC pipe. Great for use as a positive lock and seal on threaded
fasteners.

Gasses to 2,600 PSI; Liquids to 10,000 PSI. "