Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Rain Drops

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

Typical flash flooding in the streets. Some areas got 5~7 inches in
fewer
hours.. Swingman's street flooded but that is not unusual and his
house
sets considerably higher than the street, by design. He is in side
the
Loop. I am out side the loop about 20 miles west, got 2.5" over 5
hours
and hardly saw any water in the streets at all.

No harm, no foul.

Glad to see damage was limited.

To bad, but it appears about the only good thing that happens
in urban areas is that heavy rainfall clears the streets before
finding the drains.

If some type system existed to capture heavy rains and send them
back to the aquifer, it would eliminate a lot of water rights fights.

Lew

We do have have a system for capturing rain for future use, we call it Lake
Houston. That lake probably handles half of the Houston Metro area. That
said, our bayous direct the water to the bay and gulf within a few hours
after the rain stops.