Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Craftsman "Lifetime Guarantee" ?

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:59:30 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Bob F wrote:
Bob wrote:
Thought I'd ask here first.

Have a Sears Craftsman Sabre Saw.

Must be at least 45 years old. No longer works (well).
Bought it when I was about 30 yrs of age. Sure does seem like eons
ago !
Do they still have or honor that "Lifetime Guarantee" they had, if I
remember right, many years ago for their power tools like this ?

Do they still have a guarantee like this ?

If so, and I bring it back, what happens?
Of course, there is no longer a sales receipt available.

They just give me a new one that looks a bit like the old, or require
a 45 yr old sales receipt still, or... ?

I thought their lifetime guarantee was only for hand tools. When I last used it,
they just handed me a replacement, no questions asked.

Hi,
When my ratchet wrench broke, they gave me rebuid kit.

You didn't break it good enough. ;-)