Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Tilting Router Table Fence

On 4/28/2013 11:50 AM, wrote:

Also - You are always going to have an opening in one of the workpiece contact planes. There is no way around this if you want your router bit to make contact with the work piece. Two contact planes (router table surface and fence) are all that is ever required to stabilize the work piece. In a normal, non-tilting fence, you still only have two contact planes and an opening for the bit. Nothing has changes but the tilt angle.

I sometimes use a zero clearance plate , and fence insert. When I am
cutting wood that tends to tearout badly. It's the only way I have found
to have repeatablility without wood loss.
My split fence has bevels in it to hold the insert.
And I bought uncut inserts for my router plate. I just cut through to
use them... No to little tearout even on wood that I found hard to cut
otherwise.

--
Jeff