Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default Tilting Router Table Fence

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:55:16 AM UTC-4, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/28/2013 11:44 AM, wrote:

On Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:39:58 AM UTC-4, woodchucker wrote:

On 4/28/2013 10:13 AM, willshak wrote:

On 4/27/2013 11:39 AM, woodchucker wrote:

On 4/27/2013 2:58 AM,
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:52:15 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet

Can be made to fit almost any existing router table. Open up the

possibilities for new router profiles!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a88f1pv6jM

Very cool and well thought out fence you got there Brian..... If that

thing was aluminum...... you might be the next competitor with Incra!

+1. I could see it selling very well.

Sorry, but I don't. I would think a tilting router base would work

better. The gap at the bottom shows no support and that is a minus.

How about a small chamfer on the back to lower the fence front when it's

angled?

It's for a router. How thin would the work be to be able to use a router?

It's not the fence, its the workpiece. It is off the table where it is

being cut. , I would rather have the piece sitting on the table.

Not sure why the split fence opening is bothering you, but if it makes you uncomfortable then use a solid one piece fence w/ an opening in the middle for the bit.

Brian, the split fence is not what is bothering me, its the edge that

you are cutting that is off the table.

Why is this a problem? Determining the depth is a non-issue.

Secondly, with it off, I could not put a zero clearance insert in there.

While not necessary, it's more controllable. I realize a CNC router

doesn't have zero clearance. But there are definitely times you need it.

Brian's works, and works well, but it is a little bit of a compromise

for this reason. In his example it makes it difficult to determine depth

and height.

Not at all. It's quite easy to determine the height. Line up your lumber in front of the bit against the table. You can see the profile that will be cut into the wood perfectly, height and depth.

If the piece lies flat on the table you know the depth and

height.

There is a price reduction in the plans. $9.95

Cheers!

Sorry Brian, I didn't mean to rain on your parade. But support is

everything, so is contact, its good, but not great.

I have seen tilting router supports for sale, and a nice home made from

Matthias. I would not use the gear that he used, but I might use the

screw drive that he had, just coupled differently.

--

Jeff

--

Jeff