Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk basilisk is offline

Default The Quarter Test,,,,, Screw the big fat nickel

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:11:57 -0500, Leon wrote:

I have power to the SawStop now and thought I would test the smoothness.

After multiple tries I finally stood a quarter, not a nickel,on it's
edge on the table top. To be on the side of caution I placed the
quarter opposite the miter slot from the blade in the event the quarter
decided to roll in towards the blade... That was unnecessary.

A 3 meg .mov file posted on ABPW. I don't know how else to show this
other than to email it to you if you would like to see this exciting
movie adventure.

STARING the SawStop, me and my quarter.

Leon, I appreciate you posting the details of your Sawstop,

I am going to upgrade later in the year and had already decided
on the Sawstop, just not which model.

Right now I'm using a 1951 delta contractors saw that has had a motor
upgrade but still has the original bump and hope fence.
The move to a Sawstop would be a giant leap for me.

I would like to hear feed back on the Sawstops fence rigidity and
repeatability, after you have ran it awhile.

basilisk