Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Outside metal rod

Joe Gwinn wrote:

That's my recollection as well. What was new was that GE had just
released a new product, GE 620, a dielectric grease intended for
high-voltage insulators. (Don't think GE makes it any more, but many
other do.) This was the game changer. Plus the realization that the
grease had to go between post and clamp, versus smeared on the outside.

I've always used axle grease on battery terminals. It doesn't melt
and run out of the terminal, like some other types.