Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Firmware updates... on sewing machines!

On 27/04/2013 08:46, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, well sewing machines are very complex these days. I always found them
fascinating in the old days, the number of different modes they had merely
controlled by mechanics, was truly classic engineering. Doing it with motors
and electronics is a bitof a cop out.

The daft thing is that apparently even Fridges in some cases are computer
controlled these days. My Remmington Shaver says it has a computer
controlled digital motor. Certainly it runs at the same speed for a very
long time then cuts out when it needs charging, so it obviously has some
kind of batter management system inside it.

Brian

Fearsomely complex! This does fancy embroidery work, etc.

And the update went fine. Phew!!!

--
Rod