Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default America The Fallen: 24 Signs That Our Once Proud Cities AreTurning Into Poverty-Stricken Hellholes

On Apr 26, 3:36*am, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:43:13 -0500, "Attila Iskander"

wrote:
"Tyler Durden" wrote in ...
Look what a fellow american has written about your country.

Does he "hate" america?

Will you label him as a "hater", or more absurdly - will you say he is
somehow jealous (of what I can't possibly imagine) because he makes
these critical comments and observations?

Will it be somehow different if you hear this from a fellow citizen? *Or
will you stick your head in the sand like you always do when you hear it
from me?

The most common thing among the great majority of the cities mentionnned is
that all have been long-standing Democrat Strongholds, which have encouraged
grasshoppers to come and latch on to the government tit.

And on a country wide level, the US has allowed cheap labor to compete
with US labor thru the elimination of tariffs on imports. *That drives
an ineffective consumer throwaway economy and drives wages down to
third world levels. *With wages at third world levels the US will
inevitably become a third world nation.

Except of course that US wages are nowhere near "third world level".
And that you can't just look at one side of the equation. There is a
huge
benefit to consumers being able to buy goods that are less expensive.
If you reduced foreign competition and raised prices and someone has
to work 8 hours a week more to buy the same basket of goods, are
they better off or worse off?

*Compounding that, the US
continues to allow millions of poor uneducated illegal's to flood the
country, also driving down wages with the same endpoint of turning the
US into a third world nation. *Anyone pointing this out is called a
racist, as if its the reporters fault that most of the immigrants
happen to be Mexican because Mexico is on our southern border. *No
other country in the world allows this.- Hide quoted text -

The problem is that for the most part the jobs that those Mexicans
take for $8 an hour, very few Americans today would
want at even $16 hour. A friend of mine manages construction
of golf courses. He can't find US workers that want to be
general laborers. He was building one in Westchester county
and even tried to recruit in areas of NYC with high unemployment
and no one was interested. And the few you do find don't have the
work ethic like workers from Costa Rica or Mexico.

I agree that the loss of good, higher paying manufacturing jobs is
a real problem. But it's not a simple problem. The world has evolved
and countries that were once not even competitors are now competitive
and it's not being done solely on the labor cost differential.
You saw that happen first with Japan and Taiwan, then South Korea.
Today it's greatly expanded to China, India, etc. And while it's a
problem, the US remains the worlds largest manufacturer. A lot
of those lost jobs here are not due to foreign competition, but to
advances
in manufacturing technology where we can produce more with less
labor.