Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Darex E-90, to Precision Machinist

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in message . 3.70...
I hate to do this. It shrinks my dick.

PM, you were right about the Darex E-90. I've owned it for a year or so.
I've used it just often enough to become capable (but hardly proficient)
in its use.

Most of the time, my TIME is worth enough that when I need a new cutter,
I just order one. The only times the Darex has proven its worth is when
the last cutter of a particular size has gotten dull or chipped, and I
needed it ASAP (because I'm far enough out in the boons to have to order-
out for everything).

It works _really_well_, and I don't regret having it. But you were
completely correct about its general usefulness in a working shop. I
think it's a better tool for an amateur who doesn't have time pressures.
But then, it's a little costy for that; no?

They're still a very handy tool, Lloyd, and it should serve you well especially when it concerns tools over say, 1/2in or so in diameter and where the surface finish is not overly critical...this is especially true if you don't have a grind shop nearby.