Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Darex E-90, to Precision Machinist

On Apr 25, 1:20*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I hate to do this. *It shrinks my dick.

PM, you were right about the Darex E-90. *I've owned it for a year or so.
I've used it just often enough to become capable (but hardly proficient)
in its use.

Most of the time, my TIME is worth enough that when I need a new cutter,
I just order one. *The only times the Darex has proven its worth is when
the last cutter of a particular size has gotten dull or chipped, and I
needed it ASAP (because I'm far enough out in the boons to have to order-
out for everything).

It works _really_well_, and I don't regret having it. *But you were
completely correct about its general usefulness in a working shop. *I
think it's a better tool for an amateur who doesn't have time pressures.
But then, it's a little costy for that; no?

LLoyd

It's a very valuable tool when you need to get the job done and it's
after hours / a weekend / a holiday.