Posted to alt.home.repair

Default small tubes of grease

I've had problems with the brake pins on GM vehicles
being rotted in. I wonder if teflon tape would help?

For me, it's grease for wood or machine screws, and
bolts.

Rectorseal #5 for natural gas pipe.
Rectorseal over teflon tape for water pipe.

Neversieze for auto parts assembly.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Vic Smith" wrote in message ...
I've recently converted to teflon tape instead
of grease, and I'm regretting 50 years of lubing
threads. Dumb! Tape isn't just for sealing, it's
also the ideal antiseize compound. I never put
fasteners together dry, except maybe a wood
screw, and even then I cringe a bit doing it.

Got some examples of what threads you tape? I only use tape on pipe
thread. Anti-sieze on automotive threads. Nothing on everything
else.