Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default small tubes of grease

On 4/24/2013 8:01 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You shoot? The popular view of gun owners is
that you're a homicidal maniac who goes into
schools and kills kids? Eeek! Hide!

For tiny bits of grease, I'd been using vet supply
house syringes, 6 CC lasts a while. If the plunger
sticks to the grease and I have to throw it out,
it's no big deal.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"Frank"
wrote in message ...

Almost tempting to buy as I shoot and use grease on
crossbow rails. I've been using white lithium grease
and the pound out in the garage will last for many years.
A pound of this grease costs about as much as
the 3 oz tube of synthetic.

An ounce of grease will last me for a lifetime of shooting. I only use
it on the slides of semi's.

Only grease fitting I think I have left in the garage is on my lawn
spreader. They took these things off cars long ago and my new lawnmower
has none. So, I've got a pound of white lithium grease which will last
a lifetime.

I like to tell the story years ago when I was into bicycling and guy in
the lab tossed out a can of PTFE mold release. I thought this would be
a good thing to grease the bicycle chain and rid it of dirt. It did a
nice job of lubing but after a couple of weeks the chain started to
rust. Apparently the absence of hydrocarbon grease in the PTFE would not
protect the metal from rusting. This makes me reticent to use something
not designed for such usages.