Paul Mc Cann

Default circular saw recommendations

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:12:15 +0000, PoP
wrote:

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 07:47:40 +0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

Rather I would be afraid of a malfunction such as a riving knife
becoming loose/bent etc and dropping into the spinning blade.

Just a thought, but if the riving knife became loose (as in still
attached but not firmly enough) then it would most likely fall onto
the spinning blade, but not necessarily present a major danger, more
like a rather nasty grinding noise that prompts the user to hit the
stop button quickly.

It's not as if the riving knife is going to fall onto the blade in a
way that stops the blade dead in its tracks. Or perhaps I've missed
something?

PoP

It would most likley be snapped off and ejected by the blade, possibly
in pieces

It could also lead to a kick back. I've had a circular saw (An ELU, so
not tat ) kick back on me and it frightened the bejasus out of me as
it came very close to my knee whilst still rotating at speed. My fault
off course.

And a circular saw blade doesn't have to be travelling that fast to
inflict hefyt damage

The point I'm making is that a badly built saw is more likely to
inflict serious damage than a badly nade screwdriver.

You pays your money and takes your chance

Paul Mc Cann