Posted to alt.home.repair

Default small tubes of grease

Intersting idea. Starts abotu nine bucks a tube on Ebay. Might do that, if nothing cheaper comes along. I'd like heavy, rather than light. More likely to stay in place.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"nestork" wrote in message ...

Just as you can buy synthetic motor oils, you can also buy 100%
synthetic greases.

THE FIRST fully synthetic grease on the market was Permatex's "Super
Lube", which came out about 12 years ago and is still an excellent
all-around grease to use in all seasons and for all reasons. Permatex
is a division of the Loctite Company.

This picture shows a 3 ounce (85 gram) tube. It's about 5 inches tall
and 1 1/2 inch wide with a screw top cap.

[image:
http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...34/934844.jpg]

It also comes in smaller tubes:

[image:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...00_AA300_.jpg]

It's clear in colour and fairly light in viscosity so far as greases go.
If I were looking for an all-purpose grease to keep in a truck or tool
box, this is the one I'd go with.

--
nestork