Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default small tubes of grease

On 4/24/2013 5:05 PM, nestork wrote:
Just as you can buy synthetic motor oils, you can also buy 100%
synthetic greases.

THE FIRST fully synthetic grease on the market was Permatex's "Super
Lube", which came out about 12 years ago and is still an excellent
all-around grease to use in all seasons and for all reasons. Permatex
is a division of the Loctite Company.

This picture shows a 3 ounce (85 gram) tube. It's about 5 inches tall
and 1 1/2 inch wide with a screw top cap.

[image:
http://media.midwayusa.com/productim...34/934844.jpg]

It also comes in smaller tubes:

[image:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...00_AA300_.jpg]

It's clear in colour and fairly light in viscosity so far as greases go.
If I were looking for an all-purpose grease to keep in a truck or tool
box, this is the one I'd go with.

Almost tempting to buy as I shoot and use grease on crossbow rails.
I've been using white lithium grease and the pound out in the garage
will last for many years. A pound of this grease costs about as much as
the 3 oz tube of synthetic.