nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Just as you can buy synthetic motor oils, you can also buy 100% synthetic greases.

THE VERY FIRST fully synthetic grease on the market was Synco's "Super Lube", which came out about 15 years ago and is still an excellent all-around grease to use in all seasons and for all reasons. Synco used to sell Super Lube to other companies, like Permatex, which is a division of the Loctite Company, and those companies would re-sell it, but now they sell it under their own name.

This picture shows a 3 ounce (85 gram) tube. It's about 5 inches tall and 1 3/4 inch wide with a screw top cap.

It also comes in smaller tubes, cartridges for use in a grease gun, tubs and even as a spray can:

It's clear in colour and fairly light in viscosity so far as greases go. If I were looking for an all-purpose grease to keep in a truck or tool box, this is the one I'd go with. I think Sears sells it.

Grease | Oil | Synthetic Lubricants

I first read about Super Lube in a magazine (Popular Mechanics, maybe) and decided to try it to see if it was any good, and it really is a good grease.

Last edited by nestork : April 24th 13 at 10:59 PM