Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor

Depends on the starting current of the pump and how sensitive the psu is to
overload. I'd say try it and see. Surely the psu must have protection
against short circuits health and safety etc.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"MM" wrote in message
Yesterday I ordered a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue Compressor
from Amazon, because I cannot pump my car tyres up manually at the
moment due to recovery from an operation.

It so happens that about three years ago I bought a Halfords switching
power supply model RL-816U, with the following spec:

AC Input: 220-240V ~ 50Hz 0.7A
DC Output: 13.6V +/- 5A 68W

The power connector is just like the cigarette lighter in a car.

So I reckon, instead of plugging the tyre pump into the in-car
cigarette lighter socket, I should be able to plug it into the
Halfords unit instead.

Anyone see a problem with this plan?

Cheers!

MM