Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J.B.Slocomb J.B.Slocomb is offline

Default Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:02:34 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"J.B.Slocomb" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:53:35 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message ...

the reality of what iggy's problem is

It's not a "problem" for iggy....

He's just acting stupid, (and cleverly so) in order to profit from all the gullible folks who are apparently eager to waste their own time spoon-feeding him with information that he could easily figure out on his own if he were so inclined.

-easy to feel sorry for someone in a wheelchair; only slightly less than for someone who posts on usenet using the nym "ignoramus", if you catch my drift...

The problem IMO is when someone is always provided with the "easy answer", their reasoning, problem solving, and decision making skills generally suffer substantially as a result.

One has to assume that, having condemned Iggy for asking questions,
that you know everything.

That would be wrong.

It's just that sking here is my last resort, and it's a pretty rare when I can't find the information I'm looking for by researching it myself, especially where it concerns metalworking. After all, I've made a living doing metalworking my entire life and I'm nearing 56 at present.

Well, I'm a bit older than you and probably have more experience
(finished apprenticeship in 1950) and I still run into things that I
ask questions about.

But I really can't understand that someone asks a question and you are
too stingy to tell the guy the answer. Clutch the information to your
bosom and gloat, I guess. Chanting your mantra, "I know something that
you don't know".

Infantile!

--
Cheers,