Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor

In article ,
MM wrote:
I was worried about blowing the car's accessory socket. This isn't
actually a cigarette lighter any more. The Suzuki sales guy explained,
when I bought the car new in 2011, that Suzuki don't fit them any
more, because people were connecting all manner of accessories to them
when the socket was only rated high enough to heat the lighter's
element.

The fag lighter is likely to take more current than any accessory. And
most accessory plugs have fuses in them - unlike the fag lighter.

--
*I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.