Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halfords switching power supply to power a Ring Automotive RAC610 12V Analogue (Tyre) Compressor

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:33:05 +0100, MM wrote:

So I reckon, instead of plugging the tyre pump into the in-car
cigarette lighter socket, I should be able to plug it into the
Halfords unit instead.

Anyone see a problem with this plan?

I guess you want to use the compressor for something else away from the
car not the implied car tyre inflation?

If the 85 W quoted is correct thats at least 7A @ 12v. The current draw
will depend on how hard the compressor is working, which will be related
to output pressure. The higher the output pressure the more work the
compressor has to do so it will draw more current.

--
Cheers
Dave.