Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12350 Ignoramus12350 is offline

Default Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

On 2013-04-22, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:07:57 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Apr 22, 11:01?am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:42:56 -0500, Ignoramus12350

wrote:
I have a bandsaw with a 1 inch Starrett blade. I typically cut thick
pieces, like 4-8 inch rounds. Mostly mild steel, like 4140, 8620 etc.

When cutting, I have plentiful coolant, meaning that the blade is
soaked with coolant just when entering the cut.

Under these conditions, how long can I expect the blade to last. Say,
how many buckets of chips can I expect to make with one blade? I
already made a couple buckets with one blade and it seems fine so far.

Didn't you post this a while back, Iggy? I can't imagine how anyone
could give you a close answer.

First, 4140 and 8620 are not mild steel. They're alloys.

Second, it depends. g Keep up the coolant, though.

I assume you're using a regular bimetal Starrett blade, right? Or a
skip-tooth, or a Variable-Tooth-Height blade?

iggy did indeed post this awhile back. iggy is still looking for the
easy way out and the easy answers. Nothing new here. That you haven't
figured out that this is iggy's style is just another sign of how
little you understand about what the problem with iggy is.

I know Iggy. I've been to his house at different times. He doesn't
have a problem, Jon. YOU have a problem. With your personality. Or
several of your personalities.

I would say, each of his multiple personalities has multiple
problems.