Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J.B.Slocomb J.B.Slocomb is offline

Default Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:53:35 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message ...

the reality of what iggy's problem is

It's not a "problem" for iggy....

He's just acting stupid, (and cleverly so) in order to profit from all the gullible folks who are apparently eager to waste their own time spoon-feeding him with information that he could easily figure out on his own if he were so inclined.

-easy to feel sorry for someone in a wheelchair; only slightly less than for someone who posts on usenet using the nym "ignoramus", if you catch my drift...

The problem IMO is when someone is always provided with the "easy answer", their reasoning, problem solving, and decision making skills generally suffer substantially as a result.

One has to assume that, having condemned Iggy for asking questions,
that you know everything.

I'm reminded of the old heads, you know, the guys that have been at it
for 20 - 30 years, when they get a job that is a bit intricate they
wander around the shop asking other chaps, "if you were doing this how
would you do it", and after having collected a number of ideas they go
ahead and make the piece. The young apprentice boys, on the other
hand, being too embarrassed with their own lack of knowledge to ask
questions frequently have to go back to the boss and admit that they
can't figure out how to make the part.

You sound much like the latter description.

--
Cheers,

John B.