Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:42:56 -0500, Ignoramus12350
wrote:

I have a bandsaw with a 1 inch Starrett blade. I typically cut thick
pieces, like 4-8 inch rounds. Mostly mild steel, like 4140, 8620 etc.

When cutting, I have plentiful coolant, meaning that the blade is
soaked with coolant just when entering the cut.

Under these conditions, how long can I expect the blade to last. Say,
how many buckets of chips can I expect to make with one blade? I
already made a couple buckets with one blade and it seems fine so far.

Cutting aluminum, or cutting D-2?

How high is up?