Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Starret Bandsaw Blade Life Expectancy

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:48:38 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan Banquer
wrote:

On Apr 22, 1:44*pm, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:24:53 -0400, "Existential Angst"

wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:07:22 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
On Apr 22, 11:35 am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 11:07:57 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:01 am, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:42:56 -0500, Ignoramus12350

wrote:
I have a bandsaw with a 1 inch Starrett blade. I typically cut thick
pieces, like 4-8 inch rounds. Mostly mild steel, like 4140, 8620
etc.

When cutting, I have plentiful coolant, meaning that the blade is
soaked with coolant just when entering the cut.

Under these conditions, how long can I expect the blade to last.
Say,
how many buckets of chips can I expect to make with one blade? I
already made a couple buckets with one blade and it seems fine so
far.

Didn't you post this a while back, Iggy? I can't imagine how anyone
could give you a close answer.

First, 4140 and 8620 are not mild steel. They're alloys.

Second, it depends. g Keep up the coolant, though.

I assume you're using a regular bimetal Starrett blade, right? Or a
skip-tooth, or a Variable-Tooth-Height blade?

--
Ed Huntress

iggy did indeed post this awhile back. iggy is still looking for the
easy way out and the easy answers. Nothing new here. That you haven't
figured out that this is iggy's style is just another sign of how
little you understand about what the problem with iggy is.

I know Iggy. I've been to his house at different times. He doesn't
have a problem, Jon. YOU have a problem. With your personality. Or
several of your personalities.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, you have so many of your own issues that you can't understand the
problem iggy has with his approach.

By no means am I the only one that clearly see's that iggy has a
serious problem with his approach. You know very well that many others
have called iggy out on these continuing issues with iggy. As per
usual, you wish to ignore the problems that iggy has with his lame
approach and pretend they aren't issues that other besides myself have
noticed. This is very similar to how you ignore the problems of the
Pimple or KiddingNoOne that others post about.
=============================================== ==

KiddingHisself and PlimpBoi are malevolent sociopaths, as clearly evinced
by
their joint GummerWitchhunt.
As I pointed out elsewhere, kidding and plimp aren't worthy of holding
gummer's dick while he takes a ****, and even tho YOU don't like gummer,
I'll bet you'd agree 100% wit DAT.

Now, Ed is clearly well-adjusted (well, imo -- *clearly not in your
oipinion
LOL), and I can only surmise that the reason Ed entertains their toxic
malevolent semi-litirit drivel is because he's doing some kind of study on
UseNet Sociopaths and Assholes.

Ed, when will you be publishing this Mighty Tomb of UseNet?? * Will you be
using Mr. PV's Standard AQ scale?? *The Assaholic Quotient??
Kidding will peg the meter on DAT one.... *I might have to standardize a
new
scale just for that pricky asshole.

Think of it as a sequel to _The Tibetan Book of the Dead_. I can't
find a publisher, though, so it's probably a dead project -- if you'll
forgive the pun.

So you ARE doing research! *I was right, I was RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dood, *.pdf, man, .pdf!!! * $9.99 ebook.... *or e-study, in this case.

Might I suggest a title??
* "The effect of chronic public UseNet masturbation on Type-1 personality
disorders, type 2 (non-criminal) sociopathy: *A feed-forward mechanism"

Which means, essentially, the more one jerks off in public, the worse
personality disorders get. *LOL

With the subtitle:
* *"The possible mitigating effects of circle-jerk reach-arounds with a
favorite butt-buddy"
In this case, of course, Kidding/PlimpBoi.

Yeah, I know, sounds a bit daunting, but dood, I'll help with the
statistical analysis and editing/proof-reading.
I'll even write the forward..... * * LOL

I appreciate the thought, but I'm afraid that Usenet is off the radar
by now. My chance passed me by.

That's why everyone -- dock workers, housewives, bicyclists; everyone
-- is flocking to Jon Banquer's LinkedIn Group! If you're tired of
Usenet, give it a try.

I think it was mentioned on CNN last night. They had a piece on the
need to improve our mental health system.

--
Ed Huntress

Wrong again and about as accurate as you thinking LinkedIn groups were
blogs.

My LinkedIn group is mostly filled with professional machinists,
mechanical and manufacturing engineers, CADCAM company employees and
owners, software engineers and independent CADCAM resellers.

Not to mention an entire cadre of lawyers gathering evidence!

--
Ed Huntre