Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boston Bomb triggered by cell phone?

Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks fired this volley in
:

I' ll be damned! The NRA reloading manuals that I use for teaching
classes state that both single-base and double-based powders can be

used
as fertilizer to destroy it. I won't teach that anymore!

Tom, sun (UV), moisture, and bacteria will decompose both single-based
and double-based powders. Both nitrocelluose and nitroglycerine will
decompose under those conditions, as will nitroguanadine -- the 'triple-
based' third component.

They just make lousy fertilizer, tending to significantly lower the soil
pH to levels dangerous for many plants. 'Might work on gardinias or
camillias...

LLoyd

At least I, or anybody I know has had powder to destroy. It will last
forever (almost) if kept sealed and cool. For it to go skunky would
mean improper storage or it's VERY old. I go through it too fast to
worry about it, but I never have too much laying around, I've only got
about 9 lbs in the cabinet. When I DO have a good quantity, I tend to
burn it faster.